Total Transportation Services (TTSI) is serious about safety - from using the latest in safety technology to continually training our drivers - and hope to have a little fun for our drivers along the way, especially at our safety meetings.
Quarterly Safety Meetings
These meetings discuss the latest trends in safety, including seasonal changes and new technologies. We support our drivers' safety goals every day, in every way we can, as a team. We are proud that the majority of our drivers receive their safety incentives (gift cards) at these meetings. We recognize drivers for:
- No preventable collisions
- No work-related injuries
- Fewest events recorded via safety technologies
- Attending the safety meeting
- Complete quarterly online safety training
- Drivers who go above and beyond or set example
We do anything we can technology-wise to improve the health and safety of our drivers and use the following systems:
- Lytix on-board drive cam safety technology. This system identifies sudden stops, swerves, and hard brakes.
- Presco blindside radar detector. This system recognizes vehicles and objects in our trucks' blind spots. It is installed on 100% of our Near-Zero-Emission fleet.
One of our drivers had an issue with his fuel tank leaking at a client's site. Two of our other drivers passing by stopped and took the initiative to help out. They took steps to ensure that our client did not have oil spilled at their site. These two drivers showed exemplary action, and are role models of stewardship.