Tony A. Williamson, GLS
Director of Compliance & Sustainability
A Global Logistics and Marketing specialist, Tony brings his considerable experience for all aspects of operations from sales to safety to sustainability.
Tony A. Williamson’s career spans 34 years in logistics with an emphasis on the environmental and logistics industry from premier companies such as TTSI, Quality Distribution, Inc., Clean Harbors, US Filter, and Ensco. He has knowledge and experience of managing hazardous wastes facilities, emergency response divisions, distribution, warehouse, and transportation facilities, and establishing transportation networks throughout the Western United States.
Tony is the Director, Compliance & Sustainability overseeing the company’s compliance and sustainability efforts of promoting a cleaner environment in the logistics industry. He is responsible for fleet management of TTSI Assets and compliance matters of all associated companies of TTSI.
Tony has held other positions with TTSI such as Director, Corporate Compliance, managing compliance, regulatory, and health & safety matters for the company. He was the Director of Business Development & Marketing for 4 years where he was responsible for managing the sales, marketing, and public relations efforts for the company on a national level. He also served as Director of Operations responsible for warehousing and transportation of customer freight.
- An accomplished logistics executive with experience in P&L oversight involving both start-up and growth organizations.
- Solid track record of increasing sales, securing key clients and growing the bottom line while spearheading operational improvements to drive production and reducing costs.
- Excelling in dynamic, demanding environments combining business acumen with innate leadership abilities to recruit, build, and retain personnel.
Prior to joining TTSI, he was the Western Regional Vice President with Quality Distribution, Inc. managing bottom-line results of six, West Coast Facilities that provide tanker cleaning services to bulk carriers nationwide. He oversaw all aspects of the operations including staffing, sales, environmental compliance, health & safety, procurement, and other operational and administrative duties.
He is an active member of various industry-related clubs and organization. He is an advisor on the Board of the Los Angeles Transportation Club and Secretary of the Board of Directors for EXP (Formerly ITEP).
- Los Angeles Transportation Club
- International Trade
- Education Program
- CA Trucking Association
- Harbor Trucking Association
- Harbor Transportation Club
- Harbor Association of Industry & Commerce
- CA Hydrogen Business Council
- Intermodal Safety Leadership Council
Tony has an undergraduate degree in Marketing with minors in Accounting and Management. He earned a Masters of Global Arts in Global Logistics from California State University at Long Beach. In addition to his degrees, he has 32 hours in Management of Information. In 1997, he received a professional designation of Global Logistics Specialist from California State University at Long Beach, University College, and Extension Services along with a Transportation/Logistics Management Certification. He also has received hazardous material training and certifications.
- M.A., Global Logistics Cal State Long Beach
- Construction Management Turner Construction Company
- Global Logistics Specialist Cal State Long Beach
- Certificate of Transportation Cal State Long Beach
- Computer Science Southern AR University
- BS in Marketing/ Accounting Henderson State University