Safety First, Last, and Always
Total Transportation Services (TTSI) is committed to continuously improving driver performance. Our State-of-the-Art technologies include interactive driver programs, in-truck safety systems, and systems that ensure our driver's health.
Safety Certified & Licensed
We take it seriously!
At each of our distribution facilities, whether on the West Coast or East Coast, Total Transportation Services (TTSI) has installed policies and procedures aided by technology to ensure that our customer's product is secure.
Ensuring the Security of Our Freight
- We track all movement in transit from freight inception to freight delivery
- Automatic alerts to dispatch if route changes and unauthorized movement occur
- Offering portable transceivers, hidden in freight to monitor cargo movement
- Claim Liability Management – We resolve losses and damage quickly
Total Transportation Services (TTSI) uses Cargo Net theft prevention and recovery system.
Ensuring our drivers are reliable
- We do extensive background checks on our drivers
- We require drivers to pass both written and driving performance evaluations
- We make sure our drivers perform all required drug-testing
- New drivers are required to have federally mandated TWIC cards
- New drivers are required to meet TTSI policies and procedures prior to moving 1st load
- Participation in the Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) security program
24/7 on-site security
- Facility entrance manned by a security company with security patrols
- Off-site surveillance of guard post and facility
- Masonry Wall 8’ to 10’ high and reinforced chain-linked fencing 6’ to 8’ high
- 8’ reinforced iron gate with secure locking mechanism
- Appropriate signage at the entrance of the facility and all areas are well-illuminated w/backup power
- Camera and alarm surveillance with digital recording
- Telephone, Two-Way Radios, and email available at guard posts
Warehouse security designates areas for authorized personnel only
- Pictured ID Cards are required on-premises and all areas are card accessed
- Personal vehicles are prohibited from the entry of yard or warehouse
- License Plates and Drivers' Picture ID are required and recorded in a log
- Delivery and pick up are controlled by Customer “PRO” Number
- Drivers are not allowed on the dock, unless escorted by management
- Camera and Alarm Surveillance with Digital Recording
- Trash is compacted on-site
Interactive Driver Safety
The safer and more skilled drivers are, the safer everyone is on the highway and the better our business performs. We are continuously developing safe and productive driving behaviors in our fleet helps reduce collision frequency, maximize fleet efficiency, and turns good drivers into great drivers you can keep for the long haul.
TTSI employs a full-time safety coach to review Drive Cam trigger events with drivers to help them improve their safe driving skills, such as ensuring drivers always allowing a safe following distance between their vehicle and the vehicle in front of them.
Interactive Driver Safety
Protecting the motoring public and our drivers is a core value for Total Transportation Services (TTSI). Preco Electronics PreviewⓇ Radar Blind Spot Monitoring protects the blind spot on our fleet vehicles. It alerts drivers when turning or changing lanes if there is an object, vehicle, or person in the driver's blind spot.
TTSI has installed this system on our ultra-low emission CNG drayage trucks.
On-Board Driver Safety
Drrivewyze technology works in conjunction with Omnitracs and shows important safety messages for drivers on the Omnitracs screen to save time and provide safety notifications.
Drivewyze Saves Time by letting drivers know they can bypass a truck scale because of our excellent maintenance record.
Drivewyze Provides Safety Notifications that let the driver know of possible upcoming hazards on the road.
TTSI also ensure drivers receive on-going safety training through interactive online training technology leader, Pro-Tread Instructional Technologies.
Drivers can download the Pro-Tread application on their smart phone and complete assigned lessons at their own pace. Lessons include important safe driving topics, such as:
TTSI provides Emerge EFA testing for all drivers. Soft tissue injuries are difficult to diagnose, and MRIs cannot help with sprain and strain injuries. Emerge’s Electrodiagnostic Functional Assessment (EFA) Test is designed to objectively diagnose and identify the location, extent, nature and age of soft tissue injuries. Emerge’s EFA technology is registered with the FDA as a Class II Medical Device for musculoskeletal disorders.
A baseline assessment is performed with all new hires, and the unread data is immediately stored in a secured database. The baseline assessment is only read when an injury occurs, and a post-injury assessment is performed.
When a work-related injury is reported, a post-injury assessment is performed and compared to the baseline assessment to determine whether there has been a change in condition. In addition, because EFA testing provides accurate diagnosis of soft tissue injuries, the post-injury assessment also helps to inform targeted, site-specific treatment for an enhanced recovery process.
You must be logged in to post a comment.