This position is responsible for managing the dispatch functions of West Group Logistics, LLC, including direct and indirect supervision of the dispatch team and the company drivers. The Dispatch Supervisor will develop and monitor efficiencies and new ways to improve operations. This position will also be responsible for handling complaints, discussing challenges, and working with management to develop action plans to improve driver performance, profitability, and customer service. The successful applicant must have a positive outlook, be able to multi-task, and be flexible to cover operations as needed. May be required to perform other duties to cover staff shortages or address customer needs. Customer service is the #1 priority of West Group Logistics LLC.
Description of Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Plan, implement and oversee the work of staff members to ensure efficiency and compliance with organization requirements and company procedures
- Monitor and direct all dispatching activities, including tracking, routing, and dispatching company equipment to maximize driver earnings and company revenue
- Effectively communicate with customers regularly regarding core transportation issues impacting their pickups or deliveries
- Monitor daily truck revenue goals – explain variances from company standard
- Ensure that equipment is serviced and PM services are completed on time
- A High School diploma or GED equivalent required
- Associates or bachelor’s degree from a college or university, or equivalent combination of education and experience a Plus
- 3-5 years of experience in the Transportation Industry (Transportation management, dispatching, customer interaction)
- Demonstrated experience leading, directing, communicating change, and developing a team strongly desired.
- Preferred candidates will have a working knowledge of tractor and trailer maintenance.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite programs
- Excellent communication skills to collaborate with others under any condition
- Excellent clerical and organizational skills to keep track of schedules, routes, equipment, and personnel
- Communication skills related to but not limited to telephone, radio dispatch, clerical skills, map skills, Computer skills, spreadsheet, various databases, driver logs.
- Ability to multi-task with different, and sometimes conflicting, events happening at the same time
- Ability to work under stress and remain calm and to calm other people during rapidly changing circumstances
- Ability to relay information in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated analytical skills with the ability to identify root cause issues and trends
- Self-Motivated and Excellent communication skills (written & oral)
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- This position requires working in an office setting, with long periods of sitting.
- Must be able to stand, bend, push and pull at least up to 10 lbs.
TTSI LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
In all our employment practices, including hiring, we are firmly committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetics, Vietnam era, special disabled, recently separated and other protected veterans, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. All qualified candidates will be considered for employment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.