Are you ready for a Rewarding Career? We’re expanding our team and looking for people who are:
- Team Players
- Customer Advocates
- Relationally Poised
- Outgoing and Well Versed Communicators
The Customer Service Representative is responsible for Dispatching Carriers (LMC’s, employee Drivers, and/or other outside carriers). Ensure that data is timely & accurately entered into the company's TMS. Maintain communication with Dispatch/CSR team to verify and resolve customer and/or shipper customer service issues.
Stockton, CA 95205
Day Shift Monday - Friday, Weekend Availability
West Group Logistics (WGL) Stockton, CA is a division of Total Transportation Services (TTSI) that provides Regional, Logistics, and Supply Chain Solutions. We are leading the way in California Compliance, Customer Service, and State-of-the-Art Technology.
Description of Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Dispatch LMC’s and employee drivers based on availability.
- Confirm that the LMC and/or employee driver received their dispatches for the next day
- Follow up with LMC’s and/or employee driver to ensure running on time for pickups or deliveries.
- Maintain dispatch system accuracy and in live status; ensure completed work is updated and cleared properly in the system, including but not limited to proper dates and destinations.
- Keep track of who is present each day, you are to report who arrives late, who leaves early and the reasons provided by the Carrier as to why they are absent, late and/or leaving early.
- Monitor and update all load status and/or progress in dispatch system, you must verify that previously assigned moves have been completed. Once verification has been made, these moves must also be closed out in the system to show delivered.
- Communicate/update Manager/CSR’s on daily progress, challenges, changes, issues, and all other matters; to include, daily/shift turn over; sending daily rollover/recap report.
- Reply to eMails timely and professionally
- Think “outside the box” and strive to dispatch in such a fashion that extra costs are minimal and the Carrier’s work production is maximized
- 1 years' experience in Transportation, Dispatch, or similar role required
- 2 to 4 years' experience in Transportation, Dispatch, or similar role Preferred
- Customer Service Experience
- General Transportation Industry Knowledge (Acronyms, Agencies, Regulations)
- Familiar with DOT regulations
- Excellent communication skills (written & oral)
- Prior experience communicating with various Transportation Agencies
- Exposure to some type of Transportation or logistics software
- Demonstrated analytical skills with ability to identify root cause issues
- Add/subtract/multiply/divide two digit numbers
- Handle large volume ofPhone calls
- Navigate through various database platforms
- Microsoft Office Suite: Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Excellent listening, verbal, and written communication
- Dispatch experience a Plus
- High school diploma or GED required
- McLeod experience preferred
- 100% Medical Paid options
- 100% Dental Paid options
- 100% Vision Paid Options
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Voluntary AD&D
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Matching 401(k)
- Health/Dependent FSA
- Must be able to occasionally lift as much as ten (10) lbs.
- Ability to sit and review information on a computer screen for long periods of time
- May require repetitive motions of the hands and wrist related to writing and typing at an electronic keyboard