Under the general direction of the Human Resources Director, the Driver Regional Recruiter is responsible for identifying, sourcing, and recruiting qualified Class A company and LMC’s Drivers (e.i warehouse, Mechanic, etc) The incumbent provides recruiting support and partners closely with field leaders and management to ensure timely on-boarding of talent.
Carson, CA 90810
Day Shift Monday - Friday, Weekend Availability
Total Transportation Services (TTSI), a mid-sized American company, is one of the largest delivery carriers in Los Angeles and the Port of Long Beach – one of the world's busiest seaports.
Description of Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Aggressively recruits well-qualified applicants (Commercial Drivers, warehouse, Mechanics, e.i) from a variety of sources, including cold calling, sourcing on TTSI Driver reach applicant tracking system, local sourcing efforts, sourcing on Industry focused job boards, Job Fairs, employee referrals and networking
- Drives and manages applicant flow for assigned requisitions to fill within established service level agreement (SLA) time frames
- Upkeep of forecasted openings, creating and maintaining a continual /active flow of prospects by utilizing innovative sourcing techniques including: advanced internet searching skills, cold calling, networking, referrals, and other advanced recruitment tools.
- Conducts in-depth telephone assessment of applicants through comprehensive interviewing and work history review
- Must be able to work independently, with limited or no supervision at times.
- Ensuring completion and coordinating necessary documentation for pre-employment process and on-boarding.
- Ability to manage direct relationships with hiring managers thus keeping Team up to date
- Ability to conduct effective needs analysis assessment for new requisitions
- Presents positive impression of the company by staying informed of company products, history, and benefits
- Maintains and Promotes DOT compliance during recruitment and hiring process; Complete candidate files for review by the Safety Department for approval
- Reviews on weekly basis current hiring needs with each management division representative
- Other related duties as assigned
- Minimum 2 years of experience in Human Resources/Talent Acquisition or related experience
- Familiar in Transportation (FMCSA) jobs or similar industry, combination knowledge a Plus
- Knowledge of DOT regulations
- Working knowledge of applicant tracking systems and/or recruitment
Ability to effectively manage the recruitment and hiring process including, but not limited to:
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, including a proficiency in clear, concise, and compelling oral and written communication
- DOT and Safety compliance knowledge
- Experience utilizing Microsoft Office products (MS Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidential and sensitive information
- Ability to successfully manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Natural ability to captivate all audiences with effective communication
- Attention to detail is a high priority
- High school diploma or GED required
- McLeod experience preferred
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) andMatching 401(k)
- Paid Time Off
- This position requires working in an office setting with long periods of time sitting
- Must be able to stand, bend, push and pull at least up to 10 lbs.