Forklift operators are responsible for operating and managing industrial trucks to load and unload materials and deliveries and move them to and from storage areas, machines, and loading docks, into railroad cars or trucks or storage facilities.
- Moving controls, devices, and levers to drive forklift to transfer materials between unloading, processing, loading, and storage areas.
- Organizing and securing stored pallets.
- Loading or Unloading materials manually, off or on to pallets, platforms, skids or lifting devices.
- Performing routine post and pre inspections to ensure suitable working nature or forklift equipment.
- Reporting to Manager regarding any damage to racks, faulty equipment, or any other safety hazards.
- Consulting, working, and coordinating with supervisors, managers, and warehouse lead regarding unloading and loading operations.
- Perform general clean-up tasks to keep work area clean and free of excess debris.
- Forklift: 1 year (Preferred)
- US work authorization (Preferred)
- Excellent teamwork skills.
- Ability to read labels and numbers.
- Ability to operate in high speed and fast paced environment.
- Ability to add, subtract, and multiply.
- Able to follow instructions as directed by the supervisor.
- Physical ability to periodically lift heavy objects.
- Should have strong hand-eye coordination.
Requirements & Education
- 1 Year Previous verifiable experience operating forklifts, power jacks and pallet jacks
- Must be able to read, write and communicate in English as it relates to the job and the safety regulations
- Must be able to use, or learn to use, the equipment and tools used to perform the job
- Must be able to perform all job functions safely
- Must be able to lift 35lbs
- Must be able to follow instructions
- Must be able to work the scheduled / assigned times and required overtime for the position
- Must be able to stand and walk for extended periods of time
- Must be able to successful pass a Drug Screening Test
- loma or GED required
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance