Are you ready for a Rewarding Career?
We are seeking an individual with excellent communications skills, enabling them to connect with all levels of our staff. Must have a background in coaching, safety, and/or combination experience to meet the job descriptions criteria. The Safety Driver Monitor works with all company drivers and Owner Operators to improve their safe driving skills and work to eliminate events triggered by unsafe driving. Learn more about our safety department!
Day Shift Monday - Friday
Total Transportation Services (TTSI) is an innovative, asset-based logistics provider driven by Sustainability, Safety, and California Compliance. We are committed to providing Quality in Everything We Do. TTSI is supported by a Dedicated Leadership Team with Deep Industry Experience, Strong Partnerships, and backed by Numerous Awards
Description of Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Monitor Drive Cam Program and review unsafe driving trigger events daily with driver
- Review possible collision events and determine if event was a collision or non collision
- Meet with drivers having Coachable Events
- Proceed through Coaching process with driver
- Show event video
- Ask for the driver’s feedback
- Offer any insights that you as the Coach observed
- Maintain confidence in the driver’s ability to improve
- Thank the driver for his willingness to learn from the event
- Complete coaching session adding notes in Drive Cam software
- Print out event recap and have driver sign to acknowledge coaching session
- Maintain Coaching history
- Generate monthly reporting to monitor driver performance and track trends
- Focus on drivers exhibiting the riskiest behaviors
- Recommend top performing safe drivers for recognition and gift cards
- High School diploma or GED equivalent required
- Associates Degree preferred
- Commercial Class A Driver’s License a Plus but not required
- Exemplary Driving Record
- Prior Lytx Drive Cam knowledge or other in truck camera systems a plus
- Safety knowledge in truck transportation
- Knowledge of FMCSA regulations
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to impart knowledge pertaining to the safe operation of commercial vehicles
- Communication skills related to but not limited to telephone, radio dispatch, clerical skills, map skills, computer skills, spreadsheet, various databases.
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid orientation
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- This position requires working in an office setting, long periods of time sitting.
- Ability to drive to and from various company sites
- Must be able to stand, bend, push and pull at least up to 10 lbs.